Monday, November 02, 2009

Anna had a baby and my socks broke

My mom called this morning right when I left home to take Georgia to her house (she watches gg on Mondays) to tell me that Anna thought she might be having the baby today but not to tell anyone just in case it was a false alarm, and that Bek would watch gg and Eden for the day.  So I called Anna and she confirmed that she was heading to the hospital (this was 7:30 am) as soon as mom got to her house to get Eden (Kaiser won't allow any children in the hospital).  Anyhoo, Bek texted me at 9:00 am to let me know that Anna was already at 9 centimeters, and said that the baby was 9 pounds at 9:45 am.  So, it was quick.  I went to the hospital at lunch and here are some photos:


 
 
So, that's my newest niece.

About the socks:
I got some socks, probably like 7 years ago (I think I was in mortuary school because I'm sure I bought them in Disneyland), one pair with Jack Skellington and one pair with Sally.  They're the best socks.  They really are.  So, a couple of years back the Jack socks got a hole in the heel, and I stopped (for the most part, but not totally) wearing them (but kept them).  Well, yesterday I wore the Sally ones and guess what?  Yep, i now have a hole in the toe of one of those.  But they're the best. socks. ever.  So, my question is this*: Can't I just wear one of each?

*yes, I have already decided that I can, even before I ask the question.

6 comments:

Uncle Skip, said...

So, you're liking this auntihood thing?
About your socks: maybe your mom knows where your Grandma Larson's old darning needle is?

Carrie said...

We should go to Disneyland! I could use some Haunted Mansion and some Space Mountain.

And remember when Trey Parker was next to us at the bar at ESPN Zone and we had no clue until the bartender told us?

timidvenus said...

Um, I totally don't even remember who that is...

Carrie said...

Do you remember how the bar tender was like, "Do you know who you guys were sitting next to?" and we totally didn't, just noticed that he was with a slutty girl. And he told us who the guy was, and there was no way we would have known who he was bc he was the guy who does South Park. The cartoon.

Carrie said...

And then more importantly, he taught us that a hef goes better with an orange slice than lemon.

timidvenus said...

Okay, now that you mention the lemon/orange thing I remember, lol.