Friday, October 30, 2009

PBR

So, this morning at work the office manager (who is in a really good mood today because it's "Frito boat day" and she brought what is supposed to me the best chili ever) asked me and Barbara what PBR means. I kinda looked at her puzzle-faced, and said that I had no idea, so she tried to clarify. Apparently there is a song (country) that says something about having toes in the water and an ass in the sand (very strange to hear the office manager say ass), so I google those words and come up with a song called "toes" by the Zac Brown Band (for the record, Zack should be spelled with a k, it just looks better that way). I read the lyrics (thinking maybe office manager got them wrong), and PBR was there in the song, and I had no clue what that was. So then I googled "what does PBR mean" and this is what it told me:


15 comments:

Adam said...

That sounds like it took about as long as it takes me to research and incorrectly guess picture fresno photos.

Uncle Skip, said...

PBR is also a Navy term for Patrol Boat, River.

I didn't have to look that up ;-)

timidvenus said...

Adam- LOL

Justin said...

Wait, did you seriously not know about PBR?
Sometimes you surprise me.

timidvenus said...

Justin- I know about PBR (on tap at club fred, or wev it's called now), I just didn't make the jump from PBR to Pabst. I know, it isn't my proudest moment, but hey, I was bound to make a mistake sooner or later.

edluv said...

i agree with your tag 'in which i'm not as smart as i can be.'

i mean, it's pbr. they don't just give out those ribbons, ya know?

timidvenus said...

LOL, Ed. And I'm glad you noticed my tags, I've been working hard on them.

Uncle Skip said...

Uh, those tags are supposed to mean something?

George Rutherford said...

My first thought was Professional Bull Riding.

George Rutherford said...

http://www.pbrnow.com/wf09/

Julie said...

I'm pretty sure PBR stands for Pro Bull Riding in the context of a country song. Although I don't know the song.

Skip said...

Point Blank Range
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Partition Boot Record
Performance Based Ratemaking
Permit by Rule
Plant Breeder's Rights

George Rutherford said...

There used to be a couple sandwich shops in Fresno called Pats Blue Ribbon. They made a great salami and swiss.

Uncle Skip said...

Oh, how I'd love a salami and swiss right now.

Skip said...

BTW - congratulations on the updated auntihood ;-)