Wednesday, October 14, 2009

DVDs

We are in the process of finding a new company to make those funeral photo videos at work.  The guy that was doing them for us has moved, and I suggested the company I used when I worked in Bakersfield, and the boss decided to try them out.  The company is somewhere out of state so I scanned in the photos on Monday and sent them over the interwebs to them and they made the video and sent the file to me yesterday.  So today I had to get the video onto a dvd, which was not nearly as easy as I remember.  The first attempt failed, my manager took it into the chapel to play on the flat screen and came back a minute later and told me that it hadn't played.  Me, thinking that he just is old and didnt know what he was doing, took the dvd and tried it myself.  Yeah, it didn't work for me either.  So then I call the company and get an new dvd-r and they walk me through it like I'm an idiot (yes, the evidence supporting that theory is astounding).  I then take the dvd into the chapel (myself so that if it doenst work again I can hopefully hide it) and find myself standing in front of the dvd player with my fingers crossed.  Who does that?  What am I, 4 years old?  But it worked, right??

4 comments:

George Rutherford said...

Sometime old is good.

George Rutherford said...

On the other hand maybe old means you can't spell.

Adam said...

Ha! Funny post.

Uncle Skip, said...

Old is better than the alternative.

baria is the verification word. Isn't that the plural of barium?