Friday, January 02, 2009

Character flaws

The past few months I've realized a few things. I'm not sure if its because I'm so self-centered, or just terribly unobservant, but I've never noticed before how manipulative I am. Isn't that strange? And, even more, I'm not sure that it bothers me much. I think I've always assumed that I was just charming, which, in my mind, is like being manipulative, except that in the case of being charming people don't do things they wouldn't normally do, or something. But anyhoo, back to being manipulative. So, I think that's what I am, although I'm not really thinking of specific examples (and I'm not asking for any from you all). And also, my self-centered ness I have been much more aware of, and am deciding if I'd like to change it, or if its one of my core flaws that if I changed it I'd be too different...
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 comments:

Uncle Skip, said...

Slow day and work, huh?

Uncle Skip, said...

AT, not and. @#*&%@

The Mrs. said...

One of the most powerful yet scary things to do is self-reflect. This is a powerful post. Thanks for opening yourself up that way.

If you want an ear, mine is open.

Carrie said...

I think "manipulate" implies malicious intent, which I have never suspected you of. If you are charming in order to get what you want, or have things go your way, I don't think it's hurting anyone. People enjoy being charmed. It's win-win. Plus, you can't help being so hot.

timidvenus said...

well, car, im not sure that malicious intent is something im always free of. but you totally made me feel better about charming people, even if i didnt feel too bad in the first place.

and youre right, the hotness cant be helped, as you would also know.