Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Desk accessories

My boss, the owner, has an office upstairs here, and his son's girlfriend likes to go up there to use the interwebs. Every now and then she and I will sit up there and chat while she emails, and on my boss' desk is a gold business card holder with this gold mess on it that I adore, and can't help but touch when I'm standing there talking to her (wow, it didn't seem creepy til I typed it). So, this one day the boss' son was up there too, and I told him that when he takes over the business I have dibs on that card holder ("sure, woody, whatever you want" was his response). Anyhoo, today while I was up there going over the 2009 schedule that I was doing I said to the boss, "when you're dead levi said I get to have that card holder" and guess what? He replied "woody, if you want it, its yours. Here." And then gave it to me. Look:

11 comments:

Carrie said...

Cool, is it heavy? The dimpled part reminds me of a cheese grater or electric shaver.

PS - I don't get twitter.

edluv said...

i like that he calls you woody.

timidvenus said...

car- its not too heavy, but enough so to be a small paper weight. and it feels like old people's skin, i think. and figure out the twitters

ed- sometimes he calls me woodrow instead.

Uncle Skip, said...

Looks like you need a new nametag from Dunder Mifflin?

Ann Thrope said...

It's like a square golden ped egg.

I love your business cards.

edluv said...

ah, the ped eggs. it cracks me up every time i see a commercial of some grating their feet.

Ann Thrope said...

It's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen in my life, especially the part where they show how you can open the ped egg and there is a giant pile of scrapped off foot inside.

It makes me want to vomit.

timidvenus said...

uncle skip- yeah, just what i need, a nametag that reads 'woody'

ann- i tried to use it as a ped egg today, but it didnt work, which is good because i hate them too. actually, the commercials always make me think of shaving chocolate for recipes, because chocolate is gross just like foot scrapings.

vanessa said...

i tried that trick with my boss' bmw but it didn't produce the same result. hmmm

Gye Greene said...

ped egg shavings: seems like the shaving would have SOME use -- like maybe cannibals using the shavings on their cappucinos.


--GG

mrjons said...

I think, It was a nice Desk Accessories item and Its very helpful blog.

Thanks

Harry