Wednesday, November 26, 2008

long day

i wrote this yesterday afternoon:

Okay, I just had THE LONGEST day. Ever. It is 320 in the afternoon and I am just now sitting down for lunch. I decided I deserved me n eds. I am not going to go into details, it would just piss me off, but my job was soooo fracking hard today.

Also, I haven't posted about the twilight movie yet. A group of us (6 of which were over the age of 20, can you believe?) went on saturday. Worst. Movie. Ever.

Now, that being said, I plan to go again (they're just so *pretty*), so let me know if you're interested. The acting is horrible, the worst in the history of the world, the story sucks and doesn't follow the book at all, and the effects aren't any good (I wanted *sparkly* vampires, but he just kinda glowed a bit). anyhoo, so yeah, it sucked. but, after reading the book it was nice to put faces to names, and let me restate, they are BEAUTIFUL faces.

i burned the twilight soundtrack at some friends house, and have been listening to it, and had fun picking out where the songs should go, which didnt work well considering that the movie didnt follow the book, and i was disapointed that the song i picked out for my favorite scene (the baseball scene) wasnt right. lame. actually, that scene is a lot of the reason i want to go back to see it again. its just fun.

so, thats really it, i cant wait for thursday, uncle skip and aunt sharon are gonna be here, as well as other relatives that i dont have blog links for.

lastly, ill leave you with the bomb.com song from the soundtrack, by a band called blue foundation, its really great:

I’ll seek you out,
Slay you alive
One more word and you won’t survive
And I’m not scared of your stolen power
I see right through you any hour

I won’t soothe your pain
I won’t ease your strain
You’ll be waiting in vain
I got nothing for you to gain

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game
And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

I won’t soothe your pain
I won’t ease your strain
You’ll be waiting in vain
I got nothing for you to gain

Eyes on fire
Your spine is ablaze
Felling any foe with my gaze

And just in time
In the right place
Steadily emerging with grace

Felling any foe with my gaze
Steadily emerging with grace
Felling any foe with my gaze
Steadily emerging with grace

6 comments:

Kuffy said...

I finished reading it Monday night, and almost texted you, but it was a quarter to 11 and I figured it could wait. I'd love to go see it with you - if only we could match our effing schedules!

Bek said...

Hey will you bring the CD to Thanksgiving, please?

Uncle Skip, said...

Thursday? That's tomorrow... right?

Now you can probably understand why Uncle Skip doesn't do movies. It ruins good books. Nah... that's too much of a generalization. But it should give you an idea of where I'm coming from.

Monticore said...

Worst Movie Ever? It was really bad but you obviously have to see more movies if that is your Worst Ever. Might I suggest starting with The Bad Lieutenant.

Uncle Skip, said...

TV -
By the time you see this we should be on the road.

Gye Greene said...

So: I'm a sucker for movies that are super-hero-y. Would I like this one, then?


Worst movie ever: The All-Nighter. Starring Susanna Hoffs (lead singer from The Bangles) -- and directed by her mom!

Also a **very** young Joan Cusack, IIRC.

Featuring such classic lines as -- when someone mistook a bag of marijuana, and sprinkled it into the pot of spaghetti sauce - "Hey man -- don't put pot in my pot..."


BTW: Love the Narnia books; was TOTALLY non-plussed about the Lion/Witch/Wardrobe...


--GG