Thursday, July 10, 2008

stuff

camping was fun. i went geocaching (just for a couple of caches) with some of the kids that were camping with us and we found one that was hidden near the rock pictured here. also, i thought at first glance that this was a snake skin, but its actually a carcass.

also, we took georgia to johns incredible pizza last night, as the house was 90 degrees despite my nice neighbor having turned on the ac at noon for us, and i ordered a large beer. okay, so this mug MUST have been at least 32 ounces, if not larger. and whats worse: i couldnt finish it. there were 2 inches left at the bottom, easy. stupid pizza, taking up all the room in my tummy...

which brings me to another thing: i think i need to lose a few pounds. now, i am NOT looking for you people to say that i look just fine, i know i do, but id like to not feel like my size sixes (or eights...) are too tight on me. the sucky thing here though is that im gonna have to either cut out some beer, or cut out some food, and i think id rather do without the beer.

11 comments:

federal student loan said...

Well its nice.


federal student loan

mell0w said...

you like beer too much. you may want to think about puking after meals

Uncle Skip said...

Just don't order large beers and then still leave two inches in the bottom of the glass.

Yeah, like I know what I'm talkin' about.

Monticore said...

I have the same problem about a month ago so I bought some size eight pants. So when they got tight I got the Alli pill. The plan is easy (keep calories under 1200 and only 12 fat grams per meal)and I seem to be slowly losing pounds. I've been doing it for 3 weeks.

timidvenus said...

well, uncle skip and mellow, i think i know better than to take drinking advice from irish men...

(and welcome, mellow, i wondered when youd comment)

monti- i think ill do weight watchers. it worked when g was born, so hopefully it will again (although i dnt have a baby eating 500 of my calories every day, so it might take longer)

Uncle Skip said...

All I'm saying is that drinking isn't nearly as much of a problem if you can leave something in the glass.

A.J. said...

So I guess reminding you of the Geocaching Meet & Greet tonight at a pizza parlor with beer is insensitive of me huh? *giggles*

mell0w said...

you should listen to your irish uncle skip. i don't think weight watchers has any expertise in this area. do they know, for example, that guinness makes you stronger?

timidvenus said...

i would LOVE to know how guinness makes one stronger...and id like to know how you know that

mell0w said...

well, everyone knows the irish drink a lot of dark beer and, of course, are models of physical health. so there you go

QTNEY13 said...

Easy....switch to hard liquor or wine they have less calories. Problem solved