Sunday, July 20, 2008

how softball saved the world

Sometimes I get in these moods where I feel like humanity is going to hell, and quickly. I've never been big on negativity, but I also understand that everyone is different and entitled to their own opinions and personality traits, even if they are detestable in my opinion. So, anyway, these moods I get in, I don't know if they are started from events or what, but they make me a little depressed, and all I seem to be capable of seeing are people not getting along and being not only generally intolerant of one another, but being downright jackholes to one another. And, while I'm on a bit of a rant (I guess) I'm really tired of seemingly open-minded people being the opposite of open-minded when they encounter someone with an opposing viewpoint. Wev, I have GOT to stop watching meet the press...

So, I've been in this hopeless for humanity mood lately, and tonight we (my sisters, mom, woody and I) were watching the espys and they had the award for the best moment, and the softball girls were up for it, so their story was aired to us all (if by some chance we live under a rock and pay no attention whatsoever to sports). And you know what: I'm out of my crap mood. Not everyone is a jerk, and not everyone wants the rest of the world to fail, not even their opponents.

So, thanks ladies, for restoring my belief that people are, or at least can be, good to each other.

10 comments:

Adam said...

Yeah, that video made me tear up when I watched it. Just great stuff.

Uncle Skip said...

For every 'Negative' out there, there is something else to counter it. Granted, sometimes it's a real struggle to find it, but when you do it's better than geocaching because you get to keep it and share it.

carly said...

Yeah, cue the waterworks.

The Lulu said...

I get into those moods too. It is good to have stories like that to remind you that not everyone is selfish and self absorbed these days.

Monticore said...

It's just like that Olympics commerical where the guy and his dad cross the finish line and that Garth Brooks video at the Special Olympics.

I was also so impressed when this story first came out.

Carrie said...

You should come to watch one of our softball games in SB. Thursday nights. If it's not inspiring, the beer afterwards will be. I miss you!

Adam said...

I agree Carrie, beer is fantastically inspiring.

Adam said...

I agree Carrie, beer is fantastically inspiring.

Gye Greene said...

Good one!

Hadn't heard about it over here in Aussie-land. Thx!


--GG

timidvenus said...

carrie: what games? do you play?? and i miss you!!! and 144 even

gye: yes, its a good story, im glad you read it.