Thursday, January 24, 2008

my rosary

i have a rosary hanging from my rear view mirrior that has been there since i got my car in july of 2004. my friend gave it to me since it was the same color as the car and i really like rosaries, so i kept it there. about a year ago (who knows, maybe longer) i noticed that jesus had fallen off and didnt know where he went. i sort of forgot that he was missing, and then i had my car washed and when it was done, jesus was on the passengers seat, probably put there by one of the car washers. well, i couldnt bring myself to throw him away, it was jesus after all, and have kept him in the ash tray (it didnt seem like a bad spot until now) with my change and nail clippers (woody thinks its gross that i clip/file my nails in the car, but i just hate having nails so much i cant help it). really, i have nothing interesting to say about the rosary and its detached savior, just thought id take some pics of them as i was driving to work today.



also, is anyone planning to go to the philharmonic this weekend? i was thinking about going sunday, if i can find a sitter.

10 comments:

Adam said...

I'm going Saturday night.

timidvenus said...

are you going with others? i dont really want to go by myself

Adam said...

Yeah, as far as I know, I'm going with Ed and Heather.

edluv said...

mike is going on sunday.

timidvenus said...

ed, youll be there on sunday too, right? just not listening to the music?

Anonymous said...

i'll be there, and probably will listen to some of the music. really, i get to shill my work before the show, adn then the music starts and everyone is in there, so i might as well listen, too.

ed

Demirep said...

Kudos to whomever put JC is the passenger seat. It almost makes me want to work at a car wash. Almost.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sara, I just found your blogspot and I enjoy it much. I can just hear you as you write. I enjoy your thoughts, your frankness, and honesty. You are refreshing!!!! your friendly stalker, Carolyn

Monticore said...

I agree you really can't just toss Jesus in the trash. Maybe you could toss him (like a coin) in the baptismal fount at a church.

carly said...

sara! i have rosaries hanging from my rearview mirror, too! AAAAND, one of them is missing the crucifix. i lost the christ.