Tuesday, April 24, 2007

firefox and land lines

i was having a lot of trouble with my internet and thought it would be worth a shot to try firefox. it seems to be working great, gmail loads, blogger works, its all dandy. also, the browser has a latest headlines tab where i found this interesting article. its about astronomers finding another earth.

also, the bees are dying, so woody and i are thinking about getting a land-line phone. hopefully i can find a plan that will include all of california at least, so that i can call fresno and san jose without thinking 'if i was using my cell this would be free' all the time, and when we do get the phone i will ask that people try us at home first if you want to call. but who knows, maybe its not the cell phones killing the bees... i wonder if texting is okay...

6 comments:

The Jay said...

I heard about that planet this morning! Awesome! Welcome to the neighborhood, dudes! Come on over.

George Rutherford said...

I use Firefox and like it. I guess I'll stop using my cell phone, maybe if we all keep them off for part of the time...

Uncle Skip said...

I heard... or read... that it is a fungus that's doing in the bees.

Ann Thrope said...

Dang, looks like Uncle Skip beat me to it but I was totally going to suggest a fungus like that crazy-ant fungus.

My ex-roommate told me last night that she read somewhere that a bee keeper sterilized some of his/her hives and the bees were okay.

More hilariously, she also told me that some people think that the rapture is coming and the bees are going up first.

I have to admit, "and then the bees disappeared" does seem like how a movie about the apocalypse would start.

edluv said...

i heard it was monkeys that are eating the bees. they were taught how to use those little electric flyswatters, and then they eat the bees with a fork and knife.

it's because they hate honey.

and people.

so, not only will they wipe out the hated bee honey, but they are also destroying our food supply. this will bring about the future...planet of the apes. except monkeys aren't apes. stupid monkeys not planning properly.

that, and as we all wise up to their plot we'll eat them in place of vegetables.

Adam said...

I hear monkey ribs are delicious.