Tuesday, June 27, 2006

eating

well, last week when i went to the doctor they weighed me. they have for each of the regular monthly visits, and i have been consistantly losing weight. now, in the begining, the first time i went, there was no comparison really since i hadnt had any visits prior, and my blood test said i was in really good health (except for high cholesterol), so the doctor wasnt worried about my weight. i realize i am not a skinny girl, and to be honest, have never really felt like i should be or anything, and weight is a big deal during pregnancy, they say 25-35 pounds gained is ideal, so i knew i should be paying attention to my weight. well, the visit at 3 months (my 2nd visit) i had lost 3 pounds, but no one was worried, and i had been having really bad morning sickness, so hadnt been eating much, and puking a lot of what i did consume. for the 4 month visit i lost another 2 pounds, and still no worries. i was feeling better, but the doc said that after week 16 i should be gaining 1 pound a week for the rest of the pregnancy (40 weeks total, with 24 weeks left after week 16, so 24 pounds total gained, minus the weight lost at the begining). so, i prepared for this weight gain. not too fun, but whatever. so, the last time i went to the doc i had lost another 4 pounds. now that was just strange. i have never been a weight looser, and i look really fat. so, she scheduled me for an appointment 2 weeks from now instead of 1 month, and gave me a list of what to eat. im sitting here eating muenster cheese (my favorite) and drinking pink lemonade out of the bottle.

4 comments:

Scott & Malisa Johnson said...

Uck. You should read what I just posted about dieting. I seriously just posted it and came straight here to read your blog. All of the sudden the fat-free food that I said earlier didn't taste bad, now will taste bad. I would like some muenster cheese, fat included.

timidvenus said...

yeah, cheese is the best. and since i dont like meat much, i need the protein. yay!

kendalljean said...

Well I am sure you are on the right track: cheese, ice cream, lemonade and more tv. If you don't gain weight that way, I don't know what!

But seriously, good luck with that. =)

timidvenus said...

and i had a yogurt, mixed berry.