Friday, May 19, 2006

new music

usually i have my volume turned all the way down when i am surfing the web. mostly it is so that i dont have to listen to peoples music on their myspace, i even forget that it is available. so, the other day i was myspacing and went to my new friend, brians space, and my volume was up. maybe i was in a good mood, or maybe it was really a good song, but i liked it and bought it on itunes today. so, it is a band called clem snide (or maybe its just a guys name, but what kind of name is that, really?) and i havent actually listened to the whole album yet, but will hopefully like it, even if it is 'alternative' which is one of my least favorite genres of music. anyhoo, it got me in the mood to buy music, and so i did. i bought deena carter and sara evans. also, i looked for aaliyah (which itunes has never had), but it wasnt there. if anyone has her albums i would like to borrow them, i cant seem to find them in stores and have yet to come home to them on my doorstep from the music fairy. i also got me & u by cassie (its the one i wanted but didnt know the name of). so, thats that

4 comments:

Justin said...

I must admit, I have never heard of a single person you mentioned except the lem nisde person/band that sounds vaguely familiar.

I think we live in different musical worlds

dana said...

Clem Snide is good if you are into folk, singer/songwriter type stuff. I think "Moment in the Sun" is his most popular song.

timidvenus said...

brian said that there was a good song other than the one on his myspace, but ill have to ask him what it was again...i forget.

Adam said...

Yeah, that's the one downer of iTunes. If they don't have the license, they can't sell the music. No Beatles because Michael Jackson is hording the licensing rights.