Monday, January 23, 2006

you just left the box? version 2

what a pain. my friend and i decided to trade books with each other a while ago, and we each picked out 4 books to trade. well, we sent them to each other in the mail, and i have been waiting for them (media mail takes a while). sunday when we got back from fresno there was a package in the house for me (woodys dad must have brought it in when he came to feed the cat on sat afternoon). i was so excited that my books were here, and then noticed that the box looked open. well, it was, and there were only 2 books in it. i am really disapointed, although the one i wanted to read the most was still there. so, it made me think about another friends post, that leads me to think that the world is just crappy sometimes and we are just always going to have to worry about packages getting stolen/opened for ever. lame.

5 comments:

edluv said...

somebody stole some books? how lame. take the whole box or don't take anything. perhaps rick sr took them.

dana said...

ed has a good point. maybe he had the munchies and ate them.
I have had similar problems lately. Our complex has community mailboxes, and the mailman often puts our mail in the wrong box. When we get someone else's, we take it to them, or put it back in the mail. But most people just keep them. We often don't get our magazines.

blaterer said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? That is really maddening! I am really sorry that that happened... especially since I am really enjoying the books you sent me. Hmm... I was thinking of sending something to you anyway, that just decided it. And I will NOT be using media mail. Screw that.

Adam said...

Well, I don't know what the books were, but it was probably the president that took them. Either that or the FCC. Probably trying to keep you from reading inappropriate materials and what not. Sorry to hear about your loss.

timidvenus said...

i doubt that it is the fault of media mail, i mean, isnt all mail stored under lock and key? i have no idea, but i just really cant imagine anyone taking books from my porch, which is well hidden...

and as for the father-in-law taking them, he did not. it was open when he got there (he doesnt read much anyway, nor would he open my mail).

its just such a bummer.....