Friday, December 02, 2005

some links

i have figured out how to put links on my blog.
africam is a cool site that my dad discovered probably about 3 years ago. it is quite a bit more comercial than it was then, but it still has the pictures that keep me coming back. it has live pics of different spots in africa on it - watering holes, nests, and such.
geocaching is a site that my dad showed me as well. it has to do with those gps things that are for sale. you can get coordinates for different caches in your area and then you go on a little treasure hunt for them using the gps device. other members of the site plant something to find, along with a paper and pencil, and when you find that cache you check out what it is that they had hidden there and you sign in there. my geocache name is 'cachemeifyoucan' and i would love to start finding ones in bakersfield, but i do not have a gps device. hmmm... i suppose ill have to get one. also, people post some cool historic places on there, ones that arent necessarily well-known or well-traveled (think meux home, or fresno high). anyhew, theyre pretty fun

8 comments:

jestjuggle said...

Great to see another potential geocacher that also blogs. Our blog is Jestcaching. Maybe dad will give you a GPS for Xmas!!

Mike and Barb

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about your nose... nobody will notice except you. We missed you at JoAnne & Greg's on Thanksgiving.
Uncle Skip

timidvenus said...

uncle skip-
i suppose youre right about the nose thing...and i missed everyone at thanksgiving too. i really wanted to see the sea ranch, especially now that its been redone. woody and i are already planning to come up for st. pats though. i put my foot down...

edluv said...

jay will be in town on friday and saturday night. any chance you guys can make it up for one?

timidvenus said...

planning to be in fres-yes all weekend. let us know whats up. any chance the crew is going down christmas tree lane?

GPS Systems said...

Hi Thanks for your interesting blog. I also have a blog/site, covering gps accessory related stuff. Feel free to visit my gps accessory site.

pda gps said...

Hi, Im doing some research into various themes around Geocaching such as 'pda gps'. I need to find more contributors. I've found some at pda gps but I need more ideas on where to look. Any ideas?
Thank you

pda gps said...

Hi, Im doing some research into pda gps as part of a college degree course. I found some people to provide input via pda gps but I need to contact others. Any ideas?
Regards